Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 2 Recap and Week 3 Plan

Here is an overview of how Week 2 of training went:

Image

Even though the mileage was a little less again that I want to try to run, I was OK with how the week went.  I keep looking back to compare each of these weeks to how many miles and what type of runs I was doing before the Columbus Marathon in 2010 and I'm running considerably more than I was then.  I only had 5 runs over 10 miles the entire time I was training for that marathon (2 of which were the 19 and 20 mile runs), so as long as I get a long run in each week, I think I'll be happy that I'm in a better place than I was then.  I do still want to really try to get the rest of the weekly mileage up though and get that speed workout in each week because that should hopefully help improve my time.

I was frustrated the tempo run didn't go quite according to plan, but it was still a hard workout and better for me than just doing a normal run I guess.  I did a decent amount of core work last week and I could tell that is helping already.  I'll give a recap of Friday's long run and the rest of the wedding weekend in another post later  :)

And here is the plan for Week 3:

Image

I already missed Monday...I was so tired from the weekend that I couldn't get up early Monday morning, and it just didn't happen after work.  I also didn't run this morning (Tuesday), but I definitely plan to after work - just hoping the rain holds off or maybe I'll suck it up and use the treadmill.

I'd like to hit 40 miles this week.  I will have to run on Sunday (at The 2nd Annual Joe Marathon!!) to make up for not running Monday, so that will hopefully work out nicely.  I'm also thinking Wednesday's workout will be better than last week's since I will take a short break between each mile at tempo pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment