Monday, February 10, 2014

Running, Spinning, and BodyPump - Oh My!

I haven't updated you all (y'all for my friends down south) on my workouts much the past couple days, but I promise I have been working out...maybe just not as much as my challenge was supposed to have my working out.

Here's a recap of the past week:

Monday - REST
Thursday - REST
Friday - 6.25 miles in 50 minutes (8:00 pace avg) + 35 minutes of spin
Saturday - REST
Sunday - BodyPump class + 5.05 miles in 40 minutes (7:55 pace avg)
 
Total - 26.3 miles + 35 minutes spinning + 1 BodyPump class

Since I haven't posted since last week, I need to tell you about these past few workouts.

On Friday, I decided I would go to a spin class.  I was only going to run 30 minutes before it, but I got there a bit early so ended up staying on the treadmill for 50 minutes.  And I'm very glad I did.  I ended up leaving the hour spinning class after 35 minutes because it was so bad.  I've gone to spinning classes at XSport before and they have been good, but this instructor was not.  It was a middle-aged man who barely said anything during class.  The music was terrible.  I wasn't even sweating after 35 minutes because he had no particularly hard sequences of workouts to do.  On a positive note, I do have to say that although his actual class was not the best, the instructor was super friendly and helpful.  I hadn't been to spinning in quite a while, so he helped me set up my bike and I noticed that he got off his bike in the middle of class to give a participant a towel.  At least that lady was getting a good workout from him!

I really should have ran on Saturday and have no good excuse for why I didn't except that it was snowing and I didn't want to leave my apartment.  I did go to brunch right away in the morning with Rachelle, but then had the ultimate lazy Saturday spent watching documentaries on Netflix.  When will you be over, winter??

But Sunday was a big day for me.  I woke up and went to BodyPump at the Y.  I was a bit nervous because I had never been to a weight-based class.  Before the instructor unlocked the studio, I met a girl who was also waiting who said it was her first time as well.  When the instructor came, we told her we had never been to a BodyPump class and she walked us through all the equipment we needed and how much weight to use.  Throughout the class, she was sure to give proper instruction which was nice and I felt at ease.  We did 10 "tracks" including a warm-up and cool-down track and then each other track focused on a different muscle group.  There were some exercises I wasn't quite able to master yet, but I'm sure I will as I go to the class more often.

Have a super Monday!  I have some BIG news to share tomorrow!!

What is your favorite group fitness class?

1 comment:

  1. I love body pump! When I had a gym membership I used to go to that class pretty often. It definitely gave me some little baby muscles, I loved it!! haha

    ReplyDelete