Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hump Day Happenings and Weekly Recap/Plan

Guess what day IT IS.  HUMP DAYYYY.  But I'm going to tell you about Tuesday and why it was different than a normal Tuesday in my life.


Erin and I ordered matching lululemon tank tops for the St. Louis Half Marathon in October!  Besides a pair of their yoga pants, I don't have anything from there since it is so expensive, but we looked at the sale items and found a cute tank we both liked!  The color selection was a bit limited for our size, but we found a cute one  :)  I just hope it won't be too chilly for tank tops by that time!  But if you're going to do a race with someone and don't have matching outfits, you are obviously doing something wrong.
    Speaking of, I plan to do this race with Christina and anyone else who would like to join!  I'm hoping some of my cousins will run as well.  It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we already have a big Smith family event planned that evening, so why not add even more fun to the day?

    I did an easy (but hot) 4 mile run after work last night.  The highlight of the run was seeing someone wearing a UD t-shirt.  I was too late in spotting it though to yell out to him.  I had also seen a guy wearing a UD shirt a few weeks ago when I did a super long run on a weeknight and that time I was too far into go-mode to stop, even for a fellow Flyer.  Next time I will though so I can make new friends.

    I bought an amazing little loaf of pumpkin gingerbread from a farmer's market.  Knowing that I could get home and eat that was pretty much the only way I convinced myself that I really needed to run.

    I also made an awesome dinner last night.  It was chicken fajita flavored rice + grilled chicken + onions + feta cheese all wrapped in a tortilla.  And then the pumpkin gingerbread for dessert...and I ate some while I cooked...and for breakfast this morning.  So this was way better than my usual meal of plain pasta.

    I finally finished all of Desperate Housewives on Netflix and now I need a new show suggestion so please help me!

    And now for some running schedules...

    Last Week Recap:

    Monday - 4.5 miles including twice up a HUGE hill
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - 6.75 miles tempo
    Saturday - 2 miles easy
    Sunday - Chicago Half Marathon

    Total Miles -  about 37-38ish

    Good thing I do log all of my runs otherwise I would have no idea what I did.  AND since I posted my plan for the week on her last week, now I can compare how I did...let's just say like usual, I didn't follow it.  But I did get the important workouts in at least I think -a mid-week mid-distance run, a tempo run, and a race!  I even got in some cross training.

    Week Who Knows What Number, But 4.5 Weeks Left Plan:

    Monday - REST
    Tuesday - 4 miles
    Wednesday -8 miles
    Thursday - 6 miles @ GMP (goal marathon pace)
    Friday - REST
    Saturday - 6 miles
    Sunday -20 miles

    Total Miles -  44

    So that's all I have to say about that.  Happy Hump Day!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment