Monday, August 12, 2013

Green Lake - I Ran and I Wave Ran

I really like this whole writing silly poems thing. (See my last post for the poem about this past weekend's long run.) So I've decided to write a few Haikus about our 3 days in Green Lake.

First and foremost, my running for the past 2 days:

Four point eight miles
On Sunday. Then on Monday,
Four point five miles.

Aunt Bernadette and I went out Sunday evening for a run around the country roads. It felt good and we just chatted a bit and saw some of the Smith cousins' and Great Aunt Rosemary's lake houses. That's how we found out about this nice lake/area of Wisconsin.


I can't even remember the last time I ran in a cotton t-shirt. And I hope to not do it again anytime soon, or ever.

On Monday morning, we all woke up and decided to do the 7 minute workout, twice. Basically it is a bunch of basic exercises (planks, crunches, jumping jacks, wall sits, etc.) for 30 seconds and then a 10 second break/transition. It was a fun way to start the morning.


After that workout, Aunt Bernadette and I went out for our run while Mom and Aunt Mary Ellen walked. The ladies don't like pictures of them working out, so here's a nice dinner picture from Saturday night:


And here's some of the fun stuff we did (in more haikus and pictures...but not all the haikus coordinate with the picture below them...I tried my best, but I just don't have pictures of everything.)

Exploring the town
Of small Green Lake, Wisconsin
Lunch - Hot dogs and brats.


Time to go tubing
Katie and I together
A little painful


That's Shannon, Michael, and Katie on the wave runner. I went out on it a few times also. I got to drive a little under Uncle Joe's supervision but I went pretty slow and no sharp turns. It was scary when Michael drove with me and Katie on the back because I had no idea what he was going to do next!  My life was in the hands of a 17 year old boy.

Happy hour fun
Chips, salsa, drinks, and convos,
All outside in sun


Nighttime campfires
With s'mores, games, and laughing,
Don't forget bug spray


Saturday night we went to dinner at a bar down the street. They had free popcorn. And I had an amazing BLT sandwich with sweet potato fries and a mango margarita.

Sunday was chilly
Sucked it up and went skiing
Arm and leg workout


That's me skiing. The last time I skied was the last time we went to Pennellwood 7 years ago. I have to use 2 skis, but Katie (and all the Colmones) are really good and just do one ski.


Overall it was a lot of fun family time. Besides the outdoor activities, we also did some indoor board games and playing cards. My pictures and poems don't even capture all that we did. Right now I'm sitting out in the sun on the dock as I write this :) So now I think I'll get back to my sun-bathing until I have to get back to real life tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment