Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 3 Recap and Week 4 Plan

Here is my recap of Week 3:

Image

I think I need to figure out how to make my recap/plan show up a little bigger.  Or just stick to it exactly so that I can just say that it was perfect and not show all the variance.  I'm going to consider last week an exception to my normal routine though so I'm OK with it.  I didn't do any core or strength training either.  I actually did feel like I was "stronger" on my run yesterday during The Joe.  Maybe that's because I had just done the long run and could feel every muscle.  Luckily, it wasn't a feeling of soreness, but just a definite feeling that my muscles are working hard.

This week is also going to be a little varied because of the holiday and some 4th of July races.  So here is the plan I came up with for Week 4:

Image

I was talked into registering for the 4 on the 4th race this week, so I think that will at least be a good way to get in a solid 4 mile fast run.  Catherine and Matt will probably register as well, and of course we will dress festively in Red, White, and Blue.  Holiday races are the best kind.  I was already planning to do the Arlington Heights Stampede Run 5K on Sunday so I guess that means racing twice this week.  It's a great course and a lot of family members do it or come out to cheer each year.  Here's a picture from 2 summers ago...the Smith family just loves running.

Image


So I guess some general goals for the week will be:

  • 40 running miles.  I haven't hit this yet in the past few weeks because I've pretty much only been running 5 days a week.  I'd really like to make sure I get in 6 days this week.  The race days will be lower mileage, and the long run is only 12 miles, but I this plan for the week would put me at 42 miles.

  • Get in core and arm weight workouts.

  • Run each of the races under 7 minute pace.  I think I can do closer to 6:45, but we'll see.  As long as I'm under 7 I think I'll be happy.

  • Celebrate America.  Besides Christmas, this is my favorite holiday.  I imagine after the race, I will go to the parade and then to the pool all day.  Luckily, it looks like we will have good weather finally.

What is your favorite thing to do for 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment