Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My First Runch

My first 2-a-day is done!  I can't wait to not run tomorrow.  It will definitely be a nice break that I need.

Run # 1 - I woke up in a very bad mood and did not want to run, but I knew if I didn't run I'd be even more angry and I definitely wouldn't do it later.  When I was about to leave, I realized my iPod wasn't charged and I was definitely not going to get through running on the treadmill without it.  So I straightened my room and made my lunch while I waited for it to get some juice.  Then finally, I headed out with the intention of running 2 miles outside, ending at XSport to do 3 miles tempo on the treadmill, then a mile cool-down to get back home.  SO...my warm-up ended up being 2.5 miles in 20 minutes because I made my loop a little too long.  I got on the treadmill and cranked out 3 miles starting at 7:13 pace, then I increased it to 7:08 after 2 songs, then 7:03 after 2 songs, then 6:57 for the last mile so my average was probably a little over 7:00 pace.  And in case you were wondering, the songs were: Jai Ho, Wagon Wheel, I Gotta Feeling, We'll Be Coming Back, and there must have been another 1.5 songs until I changed it at the end to finish with Teenage Dream.

Run # 2 - RUNCH.  It means a running lunch.  We did about 4.5 miles in 42:30, so the pace was super easy.  But I definitely felt glad that it was just a slow recovery run and was nice to run and chat with other people.  We ran to the lake and then did a loop around Soldier Field and then back to the office.

I'm glad I was able to get these runs in before the derecho storm coming for us right now!  I got home from work just as it started to drizzle, but it definitely looks to be picking up now.  I hope the power doesn't go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment